Dick Moroso Memorial 3-Day Bracket Championship – Nov. 19-21
The Dick Moroso Memorial 3-Day Bracket Championship presented by Sunoco Race Fuels will return to Palm Beach International Raceway November 19-21, 2018!
Gates open 7:00 a.m. Timed Runs begin 8:30 a.m.
Contingency prizes available, courtesy of Sunoco Race Fuels and S&W Perfomance Group (S&W Race Cars). Details below flyer.
Sunoco Race Fuels:
– Winner: $350/day – Runner-up: $150/day – payable by check each day of event
– Qualifications on receiving contingency will be as follows:
– Must have Sunoco Race Fuels decal on competing car prior to 1st round, decals will be provided by Sunoco at the PBIR Sunoco fuel station
– No decals of which are competing to Sunoco Race Fuels can be displayed on participating vehicle.
– Must show purchase receipt at victory lane/circle. Purchase(s) must be made day of race event in which participant is competing. Minimum puchase of 5 gallons required.
S&W Performance Group (S&W Race Cars):
– $250.00 gift certificate during each day’s race (Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday) awarded to the best-losing package.
Pre-entry for this event begins August 1, 2018, and will end October 17, 2018. To pre-enter online with a credit card, click HERE. To pre-enter via mail with a check, click HERE. Palm Beach International Raceway is honoring free entry certificates from the 2015, 5-Day race for this event. If a participant with a free entry certificate from 2015 wishes to pre-enter, they must mail in a check. PBIR will discount $150 from the $399 pre-entry fee.
Pre-entry refunds will be available until Friday, November 16, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. In the event that adverse weather affects travel or if a participants car is unable to race, Palm Beach International Raceway will honor the refund.
To reserve pit parking ($20) for this event, click HERE. Those who reserved pit spaces in 2015 will have first right of refusal until September 1, 2018. After that date, the space will be released and anyone will be able to reserve it. To view a list of available spaces, click HERE (Updated 10/31/2018).
Need a place to stay while you and your family are here for the big race? Check out PBIR’s preferred hotel partners page and get your room today!
All run field, 8.30 & quicker
One driver per car.
One driver with two cars permitted.
No double entries.
Run Cards are used for Time Runs and Eliminations.
IHRA & NHRA licenses accepted.
Door Cars and Dragsters separated until laddered rounds.
Cars will be paired at 8 cars or less and re-paired each round thereafter from the previous rounds Reaction Time.
Best Reaction Time gets lane choice on the ladder.
Cross Talk in use of all races.
Autostart settings .7 .9 .10.
Previous days’ winner gets first bye run.
Only one bye run per racer per day.
Bye run carries over to next round if not used.
No down track counter or controller.
No trans brake wire splices or RPM wire.
No laser button or switches.
No MSD 7531.
No traction control.
No stutter boxes.
No down track stuttering allowed.
The only ignition interruption allowed is the 2-Step on the starting line.
Digital delay boxes okay.
Everyone is subject to tear down.
Winners and Runners-up may be torn down after the final round.