The 2nd Annual Moser Great American $20,000 Bracket Race and SDPC Dream Team Challenge returns to Memphis May 24-27, 2019.
MEMPHIS – Promoters Gaylon Rolison and Britt Cummings have teamed up with Memphis International Raceway to bring you the 2nd Annual Moser Great American $20,000 Bracket Race. The Memorial Day weekend event features three days of big dollar bracket racing.
Top bulb racers will compete for $10,000 on Friday, $20,000 on Sunday, and $10,000 on Monday. Footbrake racers will race for $5,000, $10,000, and $5,000 over the four-day event.
Weekend entry of $350 gets you in all three top bulb bracket races. Footbrake racers can grab a weekend entry for just $200.
Sunday’s schedule includes junior dragster racing in three classes. For a $50 entry fee, juniors will compete for prizes ranging from $300 to $600.
Great American Bracket Race Highlights:
- FTI Performance Cookout on Saturday Night
- The World Famous GABR Golf Cart Race (time permitting Saturday)
- Wild Cards allow a lucky race to advance past the buyback rounds
- No ladders
- All types of double entries permitted although no car or driver can go down the track more than twice per round
- No transbrake buttons on steering wheel or delay boxes allowed in car for Footbrake class
- Coin flip decides lane choice in all final rounds
- Dial-ins final once racer pre-stages
- Random inspections by race officials at any time
- No refunds
- Race directors have final call on all rule interpretations
SDPC Raceshop Dream Team Challenge
Sandwiched in between three days of bracket racing is the SDPC Raceshop Dream Team Challenge. The winner-take-all Dream Team Challenge is unique in that teams of five racers will compete against other teams to determine the overall winner.
Each team will consist of five racers. Teams will compete against other teams in a best of five competition. The winning teams will advance to the next round until only one team remains.
The Dream Team Challenge features a 100% payback and includes competition across the following classes: top bulb, footbrake, and junior dragster.
Dream Team Challenge Highlights:
- Best 3 of 5 advances to next round
- Team determine when and how to split 100% payback purse
- Racer may be on one team only, although race can race on one Top Bulb team and one Footbrake team
- Once race starts teams cannot add racers
- Coin flip determines lane choice
For more bracket racing news and drag race results, click here.