Dawson Rogers is in this week’s DragChamp Jr Racer Spotlight. Learn all about this DragChamp Pro Member in his spotlight below!
LUFKIN, TX- Dawson ‘D-Pain’ Rogers entered the world of Junior Dragster racing four years ago and has since developed into a tough competitor. His journey into the sport began when his Dad started taking him to the race track, sparking a passion that has only grown since. Racing runs in the family, with both his Dad and his sister, Addysan, sharing the same love for the track. Dawson typically competes in the 8.90 class within the Southwest Jr Dragster Series and also travels to various races throughout the season.
While Pine Valley Raceway serves as Dawson’s home track, he races all over the country, spanning from Las Vegas to Bristol, Tennessee.
Get to know more about Dawson below!
His Race Car
Dawson’s current Junior Dragster is a 2021 Halfscale swingarm car powered by a Caheely 8.90 engine. He has been racing this car for about three years. In addition to his role as a driver, Dawson takes on responsibilities such as changing the oil, keeping the fuel tank filled, cleaning the belt and clutch, and checking tire pressures.
Outside of Racing
When Dawson isn’t behind the wheel of his Junior Dragster, he enjoys playing basketball, talking with friends, and watching YouTube. His favorite food is bean burritos, a delicacy he loves to get at Taco Casa. Street Outlaws and Fast X top his list of favorite TV Shows and movies, and his favorite basketball team is the Rockets.
- 2020 Div 4 Finals 6-9 yr old Champion
- 2020 Ardmore Jr Challenge 6-9 Wally winner
- 2021 Div 4 Finals 6-9 runner-up
- 2021 Div 7 Finals quarter-finalist
- 2021 WCF 11.90 Index runner-up
- 2021 WCF Teel race 6-9 runner-up
- 2021 SWJDS 6-9 3rd place points finisher
- 2021 SWJDS 11.90 Index 3rd place points finisher
- 2022 WCF team Champion
- 2022 Div 4 Finals 6-9 Champion
- 2022 Jr Dream Team runner-up
- 2022 SWJDS 6-9 2nd place points finisher
- 2022 SWJDS 11.90 Index 2nd place points finisher
- 2023 KOC race runner-up
- 2023 Ardmore Advanced Wally Winner
- 2023 SWJDS 10-12 Age Group 2nd place points finisher
- 2023 Div 7 Jr Finals 10-12 semi-finalist
- 2023 WCF 10 yr old quarter-finalist
- 2023 Pine Valley Raceway points runner-up
- 2023 Invited to DragChamp $10K Invitational race at Christmas on the Coast
- 2023 Multiple local race wins and final round appearances
- 2023 raced 27 races across 9 states from Las Vegas to Bristol
Which win are you most proud of?
I won a Wally race in early 2023 that I dedicated to my school police officer that had recently passed away.
What’s on your bucket list, future goals, what do you hope to achieve?
Win a Conference Final Race and win a Million Dollar Bracket Race
Who has made the biggest impact on your racing success?
Who do you look up to in the sport?
Who do you hate to see in the other lane, and why?
I hate having to race friends of mine in any other round except the finals because I want them to win also.
What’s the hardest part of drag racing?
Hitting the tree consistently.
What do you enjoy most about racing?
Winning, traveling, hanging out with friends
Do you love to win or hate to lose?
Which are you better at the starting line or the finish line?
Favorite music, artist?
Where do you spend the most time on the internet?
Name one thing most people don’t know about you?
When I lose a big race I cuss at myself in my head.
Who would you like to thank, who helps you the most?
My Dad and Stepmom Amy.
What advice would you give to young aspiring racers?
Focus and learn from your mistakes
For more DragChamp Jr. Spotlights, click here.
Want to become a DragChamp Pro Member like Dawson? Check out the details here.