The IHRA Division 1 Summit Team Finals was contested over the weekend at Maryland International Raceway. US 13 Dragway came out on top by just one point.
MECHANICSVILLE, MD – US 13 Dragway captured the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Division 1 (Patriots) Summit Team Finals held at Maryland International Raceway over the weekend.
US 13 Dragway narrowly beat host track Maryland International Raceway 55-54.
Top Main Event
Ben Calhoun (Maryland International Raceway) put together a winning package with a 4.657 elapsed time at 146.37 mph against a 4.65 dial-in, along with a .018 reaction time. Runner-up Billy Thomas (Maryland International Raceway) raced down the track in 4.634 seconds at 145.08 mph against a 4.64 dial-in with a .012 reaction time.
Mod Main Event
Daryl Beauchamp (US 13 Dragway) defeated final-round opponent Russ Archer (US 13 Dragway). Beauchamp had a 7.398-second run at 95.82 mph with a .027 reaction time. Archer, who redlighted posted a 7.487 elapsed time at 88.86 mph with a -.004-reaction time.
Junior Dragster Main Event
Austin Keys (Summerduck Dragway) had a .029 reaction time and then raced down the 1/8-mile at 8.054 seconds and 81.06 mph. Tyler Sandy (Maryland International Raceway) finished runner-up with an 8.033 elapsed time at 78.03 mph with a .020 reaction time.
Leading up to the main event, racers participated in “best of” awards.
- Best Appearing Open Bodied Car: Troy Cooper, Summerduck Dragway
- Best Engineered Open Bodied Car: Mickey Nelson, Maryland International Raceway
- Best Appearing Full Bodied Car: Bobby Mattera, Maryland International Raceway
- Best Engineered Full Bodied Car: Keven Yates, US 13 Dragway
- Best Appearing Junior Dragster: MacKenzie Williams, US 13 Dragway
- Best Engineered Junior Dragster: Cole Foskey, US 13 Dragway
- Best Team Spirit: US 13 Dragway
- Best Appearing Team: Summerduck Dragway
- Best Decorated Grandstands: Maryland International Raceway
IHRA Division 1 Summit Team Finals Team Standings
- US 13 Dragway – 55
- Maryland International Raceway – 54
- Maryland International Raceway Team 2 – 44
- Summerduck Dragway – 24
- US 13 Dragway Team 2 – 23
- Roxboro Motorsports Park – 6
- Summerduck Dragway Team 2 – 4
Congratulations to Team US 13 Dragway! The last two IHRA Summit Team Finals will be contested this weekend, Oct 2-4, 2020. The Division 2 (Heatwave) will compete at Memphis International Raceway, while Division 9 (Raiders) will be at Darlington Dragway.